Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm Still Alive...

Hello, world! So, I'm a horrible blogger. I'm so very sorry. :) I will try to be better from now on. Lots has been going on in the past three weeks. God is moving, working, leading. It is so fun getting to have a front row seat to what He is doing here in Itu. He is up to something...

Hmm...where to start?!

A couple weeks ago, I went with Barbara to her school. She is taking some classes at a university in Salto and she invited me to come with her. At one point, the teacher gave the class a break so we went to explore the campus. We walked into the Fine Arts building and started looking at all of the art that the students made. This building is also where the journalism students take classes, and as we were walking out, we were stopped by a couple of people wanting to interview me for their school blog and newspaper. I sat down with about 5 students and they asked me questions about why I'm here, what I like about Brazil, the food at home, etc. So basically, I'm famous. Ha...here's a picture of all of us. They were all very nice and it was fun talking to them!


Every Wednesday, Barbara and I go to an orphanage in a nearby town. It is called Lar Cristao, which means Christian Home. The children are beautiful...they are happy, healthy, and love to play. I am now known as tia Sarah (aunt Sarah). :)



This picture cracks me up! It reminds me of my brothers and how close they sat to the TV when they were little...Ha!


Barbara and I also help organize their donation closet. Lots of clothes to fold!

Alright, that's going to have to be all for now. Blogger is being weird and won't upload pictures. I'll have more later! :) Love you guys. Thank you for going on this journey with me!

No comments: